Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In The News... and Some Silly Photos

My couchsurfing hosts in Wichita Falls Katrina and Christina deserve a standing ovation for how much they helped me out. It didn't stop at a couple of nights' sleep on a couch won on The Price Is Right. Oh no. Katrina went ahead and contacted her friend Katie who is a TV reporter for the local NBC affiliate in Wichita Falls. Click here for the news clip. Crazy!
.
Now I'm in Quanah, and the folks here deserve their own post for how hospitable they've been. So I'll keep that a temporary surprise and tide you over with some silly photos. Enjoy!
. . .
. . .
I've always wanted to take a picture like this!
. . .
. . .

My mom sent me some mittens which I picked up at the Quanah Post Office. By my mom's admission, the thumbs were "a little long." A little long? In each of these photos, I'm making a fist with each hand! My thumb barely even touches the thumb sleeve! I look different enough as it is; now they're going to pick me up for hitchhiking!
. . .
. . .
Is it a red cactus? A pac-man ghost with a question?
What Rocky wears in the off-season?
. . .
. . .
This is obscene, really. Even though nothing's exposed, if I wore these as is, I'd turn myself in. I give up! My mom made me do it! Forgive me Lord for I have sinned!
. . .
. . .
A shot only Wayne and Garth could be proud of. One thing's for sure: you haven't really given a winter thumb's up until you've worn these babies.
. . .
. . .
Hope you had a good laugh. Keep reading!
.
Until next time, my sillies...

2 comments:

Jo Ann Champion said...

I think I might have to clean off my monitor. I just about spat milk across the desk when I saw those mittens! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

Serious facebook profile pic material here!