Friday, January 1, 2010

In the News & On the Road Again

I fractured my pinky toe in Texarkana. I didn't think it could slow me up by that much, but I was wrong. By the time I hit the third week of November, I realized I had to take some time off in order to pull the whole thing off.



I have been backpackless now for 42 full days. I've walked a bit, done toe exercises, taken it easy. I visited family and friends for three holidays in a row, and with the new year, I am stepping into a different and very heavy backpack.



I'm a little worried about my toe but more concerned with the arctic weather being pushed down into Texas. I have a lot of warm clothes and a nice Marmot down sleeping bag rated at -5 F. If it ever does get down that low, however, I might be squeezing out several one-word Tweetable Quotes.



In the meantime, here are a few articles that have been published in the Corpus Christi Caller-Times:


Galveston and the Bolivar Peninsula, A Year after Hurricane Ike

An Original Texas Survey Marker


Happy New Year 2010! I hope for everyone that it's a great year.

Until next time revellers...

No comments: